Leaders in Logistics tackle pandemic effects and more in Online Festival
Adapting to the ‘new normal’, operational excellence, last-mile delivery and sustainable deliveries will be the four headline themes for the new-look Leaders in Logistics online event over the next two weeks.
Event organiser Marketforce has restructured its well-established long-running Leaders in Logistics event into a series of four half-day digital events with a mix of presentations, discussions and networking opportunities that will be broadcast live to registered participants.
CEP-Research is supporting the event as a media partner once again and will be reporting on the main presentations and discussions. The physical two-day conference originally planned for Copenhagen had to be cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Adapting to the new normal
The ‘Online Festival’ will kick off next Tuesday (November 3) with top-level speakers discussing the topic of ‘Adapting to the new normal’.
The first presentation will come from Frank Sportolari, the long-serving head of UPS Germany, who will address the topic of “Assessing the ‘new normal’: meeting the delivery needs for 2020 and beyond”.
Then Jean-Paul Forceville, La Poste’s head of international affairs and also chairman of PostEurop, and Michael Zahra, CEO & President, Drone Delivery Canada, will discuss how the post and parcel industry has been disrupted by COVID-19, and ways to “solve the COVID challenge through cooperation”.
The first Episode in the Online Festival will then continue with a panel discussion featuring Charles Brewer (COO, Canada Post), Asta Sungailienė (CEO, Lietuvos Pastas), Andre Veskimeister (Omniva board member and head of parcels), and Kevin Seller (VP Sales EMEA, Escher).
Their topics include:
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted the post and parcel delivery space?
- What weaknesses in the logistics industry has the lockdown exposed?
- Will the pandemic lead to a fresh drive in automation?
- How have customer habits changed and how have carriers kept up with this pace of change?
- What impact does social distancing have to picking, deliveries and overall delivery cost?
- How can the industry gear up for peak season in the new environment?
- Does the industry anticipate the decreased cross border volumes to be long lasting?
The following three sessions of Leaders in Logistics – The Online Festival will take place on Thursday November 5, Tuesday November 10 and on Thursday November 12.
Full details, including registration for free tickets, are available here: https://marketforcelive.com/leaders-in-logistics/events/online-festival